The Civil Non-Profit Organisation under the name “ETERON – INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH AND SOCIAL CHANGE CIVIL NON-PROFIT ORGANISATION” (hereinafter referred to as “ETERON”), which is based in Athens, at 38-40 Leokoriou Street, with General Commercial Register (G.E.MI.) number 158595001000, as the owner of this website (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) would like to inform its visitors/ users/ members (hereinafter referred to as: “Users”) regarding the type and amount of information that may be collected and processed as a Personal Data Processorduring their visit and browsing on this Website and to assure them that any processing of their personal data is always in the best interest of the users, respecting the principles of legality, transparency, accuracy, availability and integrity in all its aspects, is fully complying with the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter “GDPR”) and the implementing Law 4624/2019, as occasionally amended, applies the Appropriate Technical and Organisational Measures to protect your personal data and ensure your privacy, which is of utmost importance and priority for it.
By reading the paragraphs below you will be fully informed about the way in which we process your personal data (collection, management, use, storage, transfer to third parties, protection), the period of time for which we keep them, as well as the rights you can exercise at any time regarding your personal data.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
What is Personal Data:
Personal data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual (“data subject”); an identifiable living individual is any individual person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, via an identifier such as a name, an ID number, location data, online identifier or via factors specific to the person’s physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of the living individual in question.
What is the Processing of Personal Data:
Any operation or sequence of operations performed with or without the use of automated means, on personal data or on personal data sets, such as collection, registration, organisation, structure, storage, adaptation or modification, retrieval, the search for information, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of disposal, association or combination, restriction, deletion or destruction, is processing of personal data.
Our users who visit the Website may, under certain conditions, be asked to disclose their personal data (e.g. when you subscribe to our newsletters or in the contact form you can use to reach us, we ask for your name, surname and e-mail, in order for us to be able to contact you).
Under no circumstances will personal data of minors be collected except with the explicit consent of those exercising parental responsibility.
A cookie is a file that is stored on your computer, mobile phone, tablet or Smart TV when you visit any website and may, indicatively, store information relevant to:
– the pages you visit on the Website and whether any errors occur on them (“performance cookies”),
– the type of browser you are using,
– your internet service provider (ISP),
– Our Website only makes use of functional cookies, in order to improve the Users’ experience and provide the highest possible quality of service to them.
The browser you use to surf the internet not only allows you to see the cookies that are stored in your device at any moment, but also allows you to control their use.
You can control them by accepting, declining or deleting all or some of them. You can also modify your browser’s settings so as to not accept cookies from any website. You can also set your browser to ask for your consent before accepting cookies on your device. This gives you full control over cookies, but has the disadvantage of slowing down your web browsing.
It should be noted that there are different levels of cookie control. Your browser gives you the option to opt out of receiving third party or behavioural advertising cookies. In some browsers you can even opt out of specific companies from which you do not wish to receive cookies.
If you wish to manage your cookies settings, please select your browser from the list below and follow the relevant instructions:
USE OF PERSONAL DATA – PURPOSES
The Personal Data of the Users of the Website which are given through them or through connected applications may be used for the purposes mentioned herein or in the connected applications, ie:
– to personalise the Website for users in order to provide them with an optimal experience so that they can enjoy the services provided
– it is possible to provide statistics to third parties, but in such a way that they can not identify the subject of personal data
– in order to manage the Website and any form of communication
– in order to manage connected applications
– it is possible that ETERON sends updates or notifications or even promotions upon prior selection of users who must meet the conditions now in force under the GDPR and which can be revoked at any time, freely.
When the Website’s Users subscribe to Eteron’s newsletters, they accept, having given their explicit consent, to receive the information that we will provide them with, both regarding the course of the current news, as well as any contests and / or prizes as a result of participation in them.
On occasions, it is possible that we transfer user data to third parties / partners who act on our behalf (and who will be performing data processing). ETERON has verified that they meet the requirements of personal data protection and that they apply a similar protection policy to ETERON.
ETERON will not under any circumstances and for any reason whatsoever communicate or disclose the personal data of the Website users unless it has their full and explicit consent to do so or if this is required due to the existence of a corresponding obligation to comply with the applicable legal regulations and always with the specific authority that will be defined by Law.
– Μaintains confidentiality about the personal data you disclose to it.
-Takes organisational and technical security measures during data processing, which protect their logical and physical security, such as secure software, physical protection, pseudonymisation, encryption.
-Our systems by design and by default ensure that we will be able to fulfil our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and the implementing Law 4624/2019.
-Will promptly inform you of any incident involving a breach of your personal data.
-As a controller, we comply with the legal framework for the protection of personal data and in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 and the implementing Law 4624/2019, as amended at any given time.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
ETERON is constantly taking all the Appropriate Technical and Organisational Measures in order to protect your personal data and your privacy.
Access to personal data is strictly limited to ETERON’s staff and strict rules of professional secrecy, confidentiality and discretion apply. Any processing of your personal data is carried out by authorised persons in a manner that fully complies with the rules and procedures required by Law, ensuring the security of your personal data and its protection from any unauthorised access and use, falsification, loss/theft or destruction.
This Privacy & Data Protection Policy does not apply in the event that, through ETERON’s Website, you access other websites that may also process data and for which processing ETERON is not responsible. For this reason, we encourage you to refer to the Privacy & Data Protection Policy of each website that you are browsing.
DURATION OF PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
Users’ personal data are kept for as long as there is a legitimate purpose for the processing for which they were originally collected, upon the users’ unrestricted consent.
ETERON, as the controller of your personal data, provides you with the opportunity, to fully exercise your rights stipulated in the GDPR and the implementing Law 4624/2019:
– the Right to be Informed: ETERON takes all and any necessary action both during the collection stage and in any subsequent processing stage of your personal data, so that you are fully able to exercise your legal rights as described in this briefing.
– the Right of access to your personal data: You have the right to be informed by us on how and whether we process your Data. If we do process your Data, you may ask to be informed about the purpose of the processing, the type of Data we keep, who we give it to, how long we store it for, whether automated decision making takes place, but also about your other rights, such as rectification or erasure of data, restriction of processing and submitting a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.
– the Right to rectification of your personal data: If you find that there is an error in your Data, you may submit a request for it to be corrected (e.g., correction of name).
– the Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data and should you express that objection explicitly, we shall immediately stop processing them, unless there are other overriding legitimate grounds.
– the Right to Data portability: You can ask to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and ask us to transmit those data to another controller.
– the Right to erasure/ “right to be forgotten”: You may ask us to delete your data if it is no longer necessary for the above mentioned processing purposes or you wish to withdraw your consent in the event you have previously submitted such consent.
Users may exercise all the rights granted to them under the GDPR, the implementing Law 4624/2019 and the broader legislative framework by sending a written request to this effect to ETERON either by sending a letter by post to its headquarters address, or by calling 214 40 80 800, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Within a reasonable timeframe of one (1) month after receiving your request, ETERON will provide you with a reasoned reply regarding the acceptance or rejection of your request or requests, if there is more than one.
In the event that you believe that your personal data are being infringed and your rights are in any way affected, in violation to our obligation under the law to the contrary, or if you are not satisfied with the reasoning of the response you receive regarding the acceptance or rejection of your request(s), you may submit a complaint to the Hellenic Data Protection Authority (1-3 Kifissias Avenue, Postcode: 115 23, Athens, Telephone: +30 210 6475600, Fax: +30-210 6475628, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: www.dpa.gr).